For a current list of Member Districts, please click here.
The Collaborative provides the following services:
- Sponsors leadership meetings where special and general education administrators from urban school districts share accomplishments and challenges and participate in leadership development opportunities
- Publishes newsletters electronically and in print to keep members up-to-date on how others are solving the administrative, programmatic, resource, and policy challenges that all urban education leaders confront daily
- Develops, coordinates, and reports on research and training endeavors that address leadership challenges such as restructuring, inclusion, assessment, systems unification, and program evaluation/development
- Provides access to electronic and print resources and online discussion forums
- Promotes networking and communication between colleagues in urban school districts across the country
- Offers personalized technical assistance and customized on-site training and consultation to enhance programs, service delivery, organizational structures, procedures and processes
- Conducts customized professional development to address critical need areas, foster collaboration, and improve student outcomes.
To view the technical assistance and professional development brochure, please click here.
- Paid airfare and discounted registration fees to semi-annual national meetings
- Subscriptions to Collaborative publications; Urban Perspectives and CollabNews, our print and electronic newsletters; Research Briefs; and occasional topical reports
- Access to unique "Member's Only" section of the Collaborative's web site
- Professional linkages to urban special and general education leaders, education researchers, and policy advisors from across the country
Membership fees are based on the total student enrollment of the district. A graduated fee scale is applied to determine the number of senior-level administrators who receive Collaborative publications and reports, paid airfare to Collaborative meetings, and other Collaborative benefits at no extra charge.
- The annual fee for a school district with a total enrollment of less than 15,000 students is $2,400 (covers one district leader).
- The annual fee for a school district with a total enrollment of between 15,000 and 50,000 students is $3,800 (covers two district leaders).
- The annual fee for a school district with a total enrollment of more than 50,000 students is $5,000 (covers three district leaders).
Districts may enroll additional senior-level administrators in the Collaborative for $1,500 per enrollee per year.