The Urban Special Education Leadership Collaborative is a network of special and general education leaders working together to improve outcomes for students with disabilities in the nation's urban schools. The Collaborative provides opportunities for these professionals to:
- Network with other special and general education leaders from urban school districts across the country
- Participate in leadership, management, and systems change training opportunities
- Learn about the latest developments in educational policy, research, and practice related to students with disabilities and other diverse learners
- Identify barriers and potential solutions to organizational and programmatic challenges
- Share research, information, and ideas on "what works and why" in urban school districts
- Obtain personalized technical assistance and customized on-site training and consultation
The Collaborative is sponsored by Education Development Center, Inc., (EDC) and the Learning and Teaching Division. EDC, an international non-profit research and development organization, has more than 50 years of experience in promoting human development through education and health.
The Collaborative is also a partner with several federally funded policy, research, and program initiatives dedicated to improving outcomes for students with disabilities and other diverse learners within our nation's schools and communities. Visit the Partner page for more information.
For more information about the Collaborative, please complete our mailing form.